Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Z is for Zombies - A to Z Challenge


Apologies… I was supposed to have this post up yesterday! I was traveling back from my Salem conference and didn’t quite get to it in time. In any case, more about the conference later this week!

What else could I choose for Z but zombies! I’m a fan of all things zombie, from movies to books (World War Z, anyone?) to zombie walks, which I totally plan on joining some day.

My latest zombie discovery is this app for my iPhone called Zombies, Run! It’s actually an exercise app based around a zombie apocalypse. I know, I know. Me? Running? Well, let’s not assume too much. But Zombies, Walk! just doesn’t sound as dramatic.

Here’s the deal. Plug in your headphones, turn on the app, and it plays a 30 minute episode (there are about 30 so far). In episode 1, your helicopter crashes in zombie-infested territory and you have to make your way to a local settlement of survivors. A guy on their radio network talks you in. It’s very cool and a bit scary! If you actually do want to run, you can turn on zombie chase mode. It uses GPS tracking to follow your position and forces you to try to outrun a zombie horde.

And who knows? Maybe with a little exercise, I’ll be ready for the zombie apocalypse! :)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing the A to Z Challenge, Jen! What a ride, huh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on completing the Challenge! It was such an awesome month, but I need to catch up on sleep now. :)

    ReplyDelete