Monday, May 21, 2012

What Does Queen Elizabeth II Read??


When I thought about writing this blog, I didn’t know where to start. What do I know about the queen? Do we have anything in common? As it turns out, the answer is yes.

I read today that Queen Elizabeth II is a fan of fiction! Her favorite authors are crime/mystery writers P.D. James, Agatha Christie, and Dick Francis. (Check out the article here.) All three authors are members of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire: Agatha Christie a Dame Commander, Dick Francis a Commander, and P.D. James an Officer.

Who knows when the queen has time to read though!

Which other authors would you recommend to the queen?

There's lots of other bloggers in this hop. Check them out through the links below:



3 comments:

  1. Oooh, crime fiction :)
    Stephanie Plum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who'd a known? Now that was interesting! I have a thing about royals. Diana is still my idol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does anyone know if our Queen likes reading Dickens?

    ReplyDelete