Monday, August 27, 2012

The Sunshine Award


The Sunshine Award is awarded to bloggers whose positivity and creativity inspires others in the blogosphere. I’m so pleased to have been awarded one by Loni Flowers, author of Taking Chances! Go check out her blog here.

Here are the rules for accepting this award:

  • Link back to the person who gave me the award.
  • Answer the following questions.
  • Nominate ten bloggers for the award.
  • Link my nominees to the post and let them know about the award.


On to the questions!

What is your favorite Christmas/festive movie?
Scrooge with Albert Finney. This is actually a musical version of this classic story, and it has long been a tradition in my family to watch it at the beginning of the holiday season each year. The songs are great too – “I Hate People” is darkly entertaining, of course sung by Scrooge himself. “Thank You Very Much” is catchy, plus it turns a funeral into a huge dance number. Not many musicals can boast that accomplishment!

What is your favorite flower? 
I love sunflowers because they’re so pretty and cheery! I also love purple flowers – for example, I had irises in my wedding.

What is your favorite non-alcoholic beverage?
Diet Coke! I swear, they must put crack in it or something, I love it so much!

What is your passion?
Aside from writing? I love biology, especially marine biology! Manatees and sharks are my favorite. Really, I’m a fan of virtually any kind of animal. I have three children who happen to have four paws and whiskers! I also enjoy sewing, making jewelry, and video games (especially The Sims 3 and Skyrim).

What is your favorite time of year?
I’m super psyched because fall is coming up soon! I think fall has all the best clothes – pretty autumn-y colors, sweaters, and boots. I love watching the trees change color, getting ready for Halloween (my favorite holiday), and letting the cool breezes come in through the screen door.

What is your favorite time of day?
Night. Let’s be clear – I am so not a morning person! The only thing that keeps me from being homicidal in the morning is coffee. At night, I get to curl up on the couch with my husband, my cats, and my laptop. I usually get my best writing done right before bedtime.

What is your favorite physical activity?
The words “favorite” and “physical activity” do not belong in the same sentence, in my opinion. But if I have to choose something, it would be what I call a zombie shamble. Let me explain! I have this great app on my phone called Zombies, Run! It’s an audio story that puts you in the middle of a zombie apocalypse. People in the story with you and some friends on the radio help you navigate around to pick up necessary supplies, complete missions, and essentially outrun zombies. The point is to help you exercise and keep you running. Well, I don’t run; I walk. So I’ve taken to calling it my zombie shamble when I do go out for some exercise.

What is your favorite vacation?
New Orleans! This city has so much soul, history, and life! You can either tour the city, seeing museums and the aquarium, shop, have a drink on Bourbon Street, or just relax at a sidewalk café, people-watching.

Here are some of my favorite bloggers and my nominees for the Sunshine Award:
  1. John Marani at Metaphysical Meanderings byJohnnieTwoBrows
  2. Amy Turner at Lyre’s Musings
  3. Samantha Harvey at Ask A Witch
  4. Marne Ann Kirk at Cowboys and Dragons at the Cafe
  5. Cindy Young-Turner
  6. Penelope Marzec
  7. Dottie Taylor at Tink’s Place
  8. Jenn Nixon
  9. Constance Phillips, A Writer's Musings
  10. Hildie McQueen, Writing by Moonlight


3 comments: