Saturday, April 28, 2012

Y is for Yoga - A to Z Challenge


I love yoga, but like most things, I tend to do it in my own kind of way. A typical yoga studio is quiet, meditative, and peaceful. One that I’m occupying is usually filled with laughter, whining, and groans of pain.

Let me explain. My partner in crime, Sam, and I decided we’d like to take yoga classes. We arranged for semi-private classes, which is for the best. We tended to gossip during Sun Salutation, whine while in Downward-Facing Dog, and laugh when our endlessly-patient instructor, Nancy, tried to make us do something like Plough Pose. Like that’s ever going to happen! I am, however, a master at Corpse Pose!

They sell stuff with this logo on Zazzle.com.
Also, most studios wouldn’t be entertained by my “Namaste, Bitches!” tee shirt. If you’re not already a fan of Regretsy, check out the post that inspired this. We think it’s pretty hysterical. In fact, at the end of each class, instead of just “Namaste,” Nancy would say “Namaste, Bitches!” and of course we responded in kind. Because if I can’t have fun while exercising, it’s just not going to happen. And really, what’s the point of doing anything if you don’t enjoy yourself?

Namaste, Bitches!

No comments:

Post a Comment