Saturday, July 2, 2011

Review: Hybrid by Brian O'Grady

HybridHybrid by Brian O'Grady

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I’m a science geek, so O’Grady had me with the cover, which depicts winding DNA strands. But this book is more than just genetics, a killer virus, and a race against time! The human element in this story is strong, with the quirky main characters having well-developed back-stories that blend together into a compelling narrative. There’s plenty of action and suspense here too.

One thing that I particularly appreciated was the scientific discussion of the virus itself. It shouldn’t be surprising that O’Grady is able to give a thorough description of the medicine behind it since he’s a neurosurgeon!

I got lost a couple of times among the plethora of characters and subplots, but overall, this was an entertaining story. I give it between 3.5 and 4 stars.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment