Monday, April 15, 2013

Amusing My Muses


            In Greek mythology, the muses are the nine daughters of Zeus and Mnemosyne. These goddesses are credited with being the inspiration for art, writing, sciences.
            How do you keep your muse amused? In other words, how do you get your creativity flowing?
            For me, it’s often simply a change of venue. If I get stuck or bored with my usual writing spot, I’ll try another room in the house or even occasionally take a trip to a quiet room in my local library.
            Sometimes in order to get my writing muse engaged, I will do something else creative, like jewelry making, sewing, or photography. I love to get out with my camera!

Fun with my camera while on vacation in St. Augustine

            And finally, I’m a firm believer in taking a vacation to recharge. In fact, I’m currently in St. Augustine spending part of the week with my family. I don’t know what my muse gets out of it exactly, but maybe she loves the beach as much as I do!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome post! Please enjoy the beach for me too!
    - Heather The Evil Twin with Love From the A to Z Challenge @thewinetwins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete