7/18 - This contest is now closed. Thank you to everyone who stopped by and entered!
Hello and welcome to my BlogFest 2011 guests! If you’re dropping in for the first time, let me tell you a little about myself. I write books with romance, a bit of magick, plenty of humor, and quirky characters.
Rachel, the heroine in the book I’m currently writing, is the most colorful character I’ve ever created. She’s into ghost hunting, drives a barely-running classic Gremlin, believes she has “twintuition”– the special psychic bond between twins, dumped her last boyfriend over a ferret named Nostradamus, dresses like she’s the love child of Stevie Nicks and Marilyn Manson, and is a vegetarian. She’s a lot of fun to write!
Everyone has their own quirks, though perhaps not so many as Rachel! A few things most people don’t know about me:
- I’ve seen ghosts (but not in the Haley Joel Osment way!).
- I spent 7 years as a vegetarian, but gave up because bacon makes me weak.
- I worked as a molecular biologist, Mary Kay saleswoman, and in the fraud department of a bank before becoming a writer.
- I’ve been a practicing Wiccan for almost 20 years. Although tempted, I have never turned anyone into a toad.
- My favorite musician has always been Prince, even through his unpronounceable symbol years.
- I’m 1/8th Chippewa. My dad used to joke that my Native American name is "bird who flies backward with broken wing."
- Shark Week is my favorite time of year. When I was 4, I rooted for the shark in Jaws.
For BlogFest 2011, I’m giving away an electronic copy of my book, Magick Charm, where you can meet Rachel for the first time. Here’s how to enter:
- Follow my blog, either through Google Friend Connect, Networked Blogs, or email subscription.
- Leave me a comment below telling me one quirky thing about yourself.
- Include your email so I can contact you if you win.
Want to increase your chances? You get an extra entry for each of the following:
- Like Magick Charm on Facebook.
- Follow me on Twitter.
- Tweet: #Enter to #win #BlogFest2011 http://tiny.cc/w4lt6 @AuthorJenWells
- Add Magick Charm to your to-read shelf on goodreads.
The more entries I receive, the more copies of my book I will give away!
Hop to the next blogs on the list: