Sunday, August 26, 2012

Swimming Through a Hurricane


I’m in central Florida this week, visiting my family for my mom’s birthday. All is fantastic with the exception of one thing – the hurricane. It’s coming through this week on the day I was supposed to be flying home, so I changed my plane ticket until Friday just to be safe. As it turns out, the storm seems to be headed farther west than was initially thought, but I’m here for the duration.

So yesterday I found myself floating in the pool watching the clouds go by. Already, some serious winds were blowing in. Today, it’s not exactly safe to be swimming in the pool, and tomorrow I expect it to be even more interesting. Just so long as there's not enough rain to have to be swimming outside the pool!

Hopefully, we won’t lose the power. Not only would that kill the air conditioning, but reading is challenging at night without a light! I’m getting a lot of reading done right now. We can’t exactly go out anywhere, so we’re chilling with a pile of novels.

If we do lose power, I won’t be able to get online, so I’ll take this opportunity to give you one last chance to get in on my book giveaway. It ends at the end of the day tomorrow. Go here and enter!

See you on the other side of the storm!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds scary. Stay safe down there!

    I have friends in Southern Alabama. It sounds like Issac is making a mess of the whole area. I'd definitely be curling up with a few books too!

    ReplyDelete